The Brilliant colors of fall are in bloom, and with fall comes a variety of nourishing hearty fruits and vegetables including PUMPKIN! This is the best time of the year to find fresh pumpkin, so take advantage of it. Fresh fruits and vegetables will always provide you with the most nutrients and natural enzymes the body can use more readily. Pumpkin and its seeds provide many important nutrients, on top of fun for family and friends.
Nutritional benefits of pumpkin and its seeds:
- Vitamins: Pumpkin and its seeds contain such nutrients as vitamin C, E, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Potassium, both Beta and Alpha Carotenoids ( antioxidants that help prevent cell damage) and Lutein ( which supports healthy eyes).
- Organ Health: The nutrients in pumpkin and its seeds help support the health of your kidney, bladder and prostate.
- Sickness prevention: Helps with minimizing osteoporosis, increases digestive health by helping with parasites and tapeworms, and lowering cholesterol.
- Protein: Pumpkin seeds are high in protein.
- General benefits: Pumpkin seeds help the body get rid of parasites and other unwelcomed digestive inhabitants, and they contain healthy essential fatty acid oils.
- Important Fact: Organic, raw pumpkin seeds will provide you with the most nutrients and enzymes.